A.General Description of the Job
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for purchases of all goods and services of the hospital and all related transactions
B.Job Description and Activities
1. Responsible for purchase of all non-medical supplies, CAPEX, building and maintenance materials, services, and other outside errands as specific buying tasks.
2. Supervises the work of purchasing specialist and its overall purchasing activities and makes recommendations for appropriate personnel action when necessary to immediate superior/s.
3. Ensure all legitimate purchase orders are properly monitored and delivered promptly.
4. Prepares purchase orders with corresponding approved purchase requests, proposals, and quotations.
5. Prepares technical requests for the proposal including statements of work, terms, conditions, and evaluation criteria.
6. Prepares price and cost analyzes of proposals and negotiates prices, terms and conditions, and evaluation criteria.
7. Attend to urgent or emergency requests, contact vendors when emergencies arise and procure supplies on an immediate basis.
8. Reconciles and processes invoices/requests for payments against purchase orders.
9. Implements on follows up on back and change orders.
10. Secures all correspondences and related pertinent documents e.g. purchase order, purchase request, quotation, proposal, etc. are proper filing and/or safekeeping.
11. Such other duties as from time to time may be prescribed by other authorities.
Supervisor / 5 Years & Up Experienced Employee
Healthcare - Nurse/Medical Support & Assistant
Six young Filipino doctors, returning to the Philippines after many years of specialised training in the United States, pooled their limited financial resources to set up in the City of Manila in 1965, a small laboratory with basic capabilities. This laboratory - the Medilab, was the beginning of a vision of comprehensive medical care the integrates a hospital and a medical insurance system.