A. Functional Duties:
1. Asses the patient’s need for nursing care based on the history, physical, diagnostic and laboratory results.
2. Admits patient and conduct bedside endorsement.
3. Interprets to the patient and his family the hospital policies and procedures.
4. Plans/ prioritizes nursing care activities considering overall health needs of the patient, extent of his coping abilities including that of his family and significant others and his readiness and abilities for self care
5. Institute nursing interventions consistent with the overall plan of care with special considerations for the patient’s safety and comfort.
6. Joins the physician’s rounds, assist in the assessment and carry out physician’s orders precisely, timely, and legibly.
7. Cary out legal prescriptions for treatment, therapies, medications including hypodermic, intramuscular and intravenous injections, special training shall be required and in accordance with the established.
8. Performs irrigation, catheterization and enemas.
9. Coordinates patient’s care services with the other members of the health team.
10. Evaluates/ modifies nursing care provided in relation to the patient’s plan of care including preparation for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
11. Conducts discharge planning with the patient, family and health team and interpret their roles in promoting successful therapy and rehabilitation.
12. Takes part in the maintenance of the unit’s equipment and reports their status to the head/ senior nurse.
13. Monitors and request stocks and log the same for proper replacement.
14. Refers to community health agencies as needed.
15. Documents accurately the observations and services rendered.
16. Observe the institution and nursing service rules, regulations and policies and interpret them to the patient, relatives and visitors.
17. Participates in the orientation of new nursing personnel.
18. Participate in nursing research and studies and utilize results for the improvement of the nursing practice.
19. Takes initiative and responsibility for membership in professional organizations and participate actively in their programs.
20. Keep self professionally updated through continuing education and renew professional license as required.
21. Act as a senior nurse when so delegated.
22. Complies with other duties that may be assigned from time to time