The main role of the Customer Advisor is to ensure that every customer interaction results in a very positive experience that will translate to sales, customer loyalty and growth in customer base.
With the Company’s focus on homegrown leadership, the Customer Advisor position performs a wide variety of functions including sales, merchandising, inventory control, cashiering and other operational tasks. The position is designed to expose the incumbent to all areas of retail operations as preparation to more challenging tasks that may be required should the incumbent qualify for Customer Advisor 2.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work towards meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations; seeks guidance and assistance from seniors whenever needed.
- Strive to understand a customer’s health condition, lifestyle, habits and requirements; and ensure that the customer’s health remains the focus when answering queries and/ or providing product information and benefits.
- Ensure that ALL customers are treated with respect, and complaints and/ or inquiries are handled with the highest level of professionalism making certain that only necessary information are disclosed.
- Document and forward to Store Exec the product feedback and service experience given by customers.
- Offer to assist the customer in navigating the Online Shop
- Achieve monthly sales target both total and per category through various efforts including telesales, upselling and/ or cross-selling.
- Utilize sales strategies and all marketing efforts.
- Ensure that product inquiries are handled effectively.
- Efficiently handle the sales process and ensure that sales transactions are processed observing all standards especially those that relate to cashiering and POS are strictly observed.
- Encourage customers to sign up for the membership program.
- Learn the products by reading relevant materials available in the store, Telegram app and through self-study.
- Attend product training sessions, and complete all product-related examinations.
- Engage in knowledge-sharing with co-employees.
- Provide at least basic information about the products of each category.
- Provide product expertise at least in one category.
Inventory Management and Control
- Ensure that shelves and gondolas are well-stocked and in accordance with the merchandising standards; perform product facing; monitor and update shelf-tags
- Check product expiry and timely report any form of damages.
- Ensure that nearly expiring products are pulled out from the shelves.
- Participate in inventory count.
- Ensure that inventory variances are accurately documented and reported for appropriate action by the Store Exec.
- Receive and check stock delivery; ensure that documents reconcile with actual products delivered.
- Coordinate with other stores on product requests.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Observe all work standards, rules & regulations including adherence to all applicable health and safety protocols.
- Ensure that all areas are kept clean maintaining the “premium look” of the store.
- Be aware of shoplifters at all times, and immediately report to the Store Exec any irregularity observed in the store.
- Perform other operational tasks that may be assigned by the Store Exec.
- Participate in all improvement and engagement programs and initiatives implemented in the store.