Duties & Responsibilities
A. Functional Duties:
1. Distribute prescription drugs to individuals.
2. Dispense medications and advise the medical staff on the selection and effects of drugs
3. Make sterile solutions to be administered intravenously
4. Labels all drug containers issued to various services.
5. Checks the manufacture and expiration dates mid labels of drugs.
6. Posts delivery receipts and record issuances of drugs to ledger cards and accomplish issue report forms after every shift.
7. Files prescriptions and maintain them for the required number of years as prescribed by law.
8. Participates in medical rounds when deemed necessary for medication history of patients in promoting rational drug therapy.
9. Maintains follow up inventory weekly.
10. Attends scientific seminar workshops/consultative meetings and continuing education on drug related matters and hospital pharmacy practices.
11. Prepares performance appraisal report.
12. Assists in training of pharmacy interns.
13. Complies with other related duties that may be assigned by immediate superior from time to time.