The Internal Control Manager will establish internal control guidelines and processes in all of the business units in the Philippines jointly with the process owners. He/She will manage and direct the activities of the Internal Control Department and the quality of performance of its activities and members in carrying out assigned responsibilities. Those activities include conducting periodic evaluation and improvement on the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization's risk management, control, and governance processes. He/She will also render consulting activities designed to add value and improve an organization's operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish internal control guidelines together with process owners and define processes of its implementation to ensure that (a) risks are managed, (b) control and governance activities provide reasonable assurance that internal control processes are functioning as intended.
• Define auditable areas for all business units in the country. Define and/or approve internal control assessment and compliance program to cover desired auditable areas to be able to render an internal control opinion after the engagement and overall annual opinion at the end of the year. Facilitate control self-assessments throughout the organization in order to produce preventive measures to address or mitigate risks or control issues.
• Improve the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the course of defining internal control guidelines and processes, and in the conduct of internal control assessment and compliance reviews. Assist management and business units with consultancy and related services designed to establish controls, add value and improve organizational performance.
• Perform root-cause analysis on control issues (from internal control, internal audit and external audit reviews) and formulate action plans with responsible parties. Further, monitor the satisfactory and timely completion of defined action plans.
• Propose formulation and/or modification of existing policies to strengthen internal control processes. Facilitate policy awareness and ownership campaigns. Ensure periodic policy awareness confirmation from relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate with Regional and Global Internal control on various internal control activities and reporting. Liaison between internal/external audit and with respective business units/personnel regarding the performance of audit procedures, discussion of control issues, and monitoring of remediations. Periodically and timely present to top management results of internal control activities and compliance.