Responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Provides financial information relating to the Expenditure process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews billings (rentals and utilities) and requests for payments, reimbursements and cash advance to ensure that all the information appearing on them is accurate, complete and valid.
- Verifies that the Requestor of cash advance has no pending amount for liquidation.
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Handles incoming telephone inquiries from suppliers and internal customers to resolve open issues.
- Reviews and manages open vendor statements; reconciles any discrepancy and makes necessary corrections and/or adjustments.
- Monitors and checks cash advances and liquidations.
- Monitors due dates of monthly rentals and utilities.
- Ensures timely reporting of expenses. Prepares month-end accruals and pre-payment postings.
- Processes and releases payments timely and in accordance with the company’s cash position.
- Monitors aging of Accounts Payable.
- Prepares month-end account reconciliations (payable-related accounts, accruals, prepayments and intercompany accounts).
- Analyzes expense accounts and highlights significant findings and gives recommendations to Business Unit Controller.
- Prepares monthly Balance Sheet schedules related to the Expense Cycle.
- Prepares government requirements such as, but not limited to, BIR Certificate of CreditableTax Withheld at Source, Monthly Alphalist of Expanded Withholding Taxes.
- Reviews business processes to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identifies improvements, documents those processes, presents findings and recommendations to Controllers.
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Performs other functions that may be required.