The main responsibility of the PetCare Advisor is to ensure that every customer interaction results
to a very positive experience that will translate to sales, customer loyalty and growth in customer
With the Company’s focus on homegrown leadership, the PetCare Advisor position performs a
wide variety of functions including sales, merchandising, inventory control, cashiering and other
administrative tasks. The position is designed to expose the incumbent to all areas of retail
operations as preparation to more challenging tasks that may be required should the incumbent
qualify for a supervisory or management role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and manage every interaction with a customer by providing an outstanding service ensuring that consistency and the highest professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Strive to understand a pet’s (dog and/or cat) health condition, lifestyle, habits and requirements; and ensure that the pet’s health remains the focus when answering queries and/ or providing product information and benefits.
- Ensure that irate customers are treated with respect, and complaints and/ or inquiries are handled with the highest level of professionalism making certain that only necessary information are disclosed.
- Document and forward to Store Exec product feedback given by customers.
- Offer to assist the customer when the situation requires it.
- Achieve monthly sales target through various efforts including telesales, upselling and/ or cross-selling.
- Implement sales strategies and all marketing efforts. Make and recommend strategies to Store Exec.
- Ensure that product inquiries are handled effectively.
- Efficiently handle the sales process and ensure that sales transactions are processed observing all standards especially those that relate to cashiering and POS are strictly observed.
- Encourage customers to sign up for the membership card.
- Learn the products by reading relevant materials available in the store and/ or through self-study.
- Attend product training sessions, and complete all product-related examinations.
- Engage in knowledge-sharing with co-employees.
- Provide at least basic information about the products.
- Provide product expertise at least in one category.
Inventory Management and Control
- Ensure that shelves or gondolas are well-stocked.
- Monitor and document inventory shrinkage and product expiry.
- Ensure that nearly expiring products are pulled out from the shelves.
- Ensure that inventory variances are documented and reported for appropriateaction by the Store Exec.
- Coordinate with other stores on product requests.
- Receive and check product deliveries, and ensure that documents reconcile with
- actual products delivered.
Store Operations and Security
- Observe all work standards, SOPs and rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all areas are kept clean maintaining the “premium look” of the store.
- Perform product facing and fronting.
- Monitor and update shelf-tags.
- Be aware of shoplifters at all times, and immediately report to the security guard and the Store Exec any irregularity observed in the store.
- Monitor store traffic by manually counting customers entering the store.
- Perform other administrative tasks that may be assigned by the Store Exec.
- Participate in all improvement and engagement programs and initiatives implemented in the store.